|Netball UK, Netball House, Pennant Street, Oldham OL1 3BS
|40 hours per week - predominantly Monday to Friday, all based at Netball UK HQ
|£28,000 - £32,000 per annum, dependent on experience
About the Operations Manager
Netball UK’s Operations Manager will lead on all elements of day-to-day operations, oversee sales and be responsible for purchasing which, when combined, play a pivotal role in ensuring the profitability of the company.
The role leads the rest of the day-to-day team including the customer services guru and liaises closely with the warehouse team to ensure a smooth and efficient sales process.
They also endeavour to source the best products at competitive prices and, in turn, realising the margins required to grow the sales, revenue and profit.
Working alongside the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- the day-to-day purchasing from suppliers – from managing stock to ensure merchandise is online in a timely fashion
- the management of our banking and accounts system including paying suppliers, company wages and debtors
- regular monitoring of online prices aligning to the company pricing strategy
- liaising with key suppliers that require forward orders, ensuring deadlines are met and stock arrives at the first available opportunity
- overseeing the day-to-day sales, including supporting the customer services guru and ensuring sales places are managed efficiently and effectively
- seeking new products that complement the company range and encourage new business
- working with the Strategy & Communications Coordinator to ensure they are aware of new stock due to arrive to ensure that all marketing is planned and prepared in good time, including adding new products online
- being a key part of the wider Netball UK team, supporting with all activities as and when required, such as order processing, attending events and dealing with customers in our shop
It is a leadership position at the heart of the company within a friendly, fast-paced environment where our strength is our ability to react quickly and deliver on behalf of our customers, suppliers and partners.
Operations Manager Skills & Qualifications
- Practical knowledge of budgeting, cash-flow regulation, day-to-day accounting activities such as paying invoices and issuing invoices
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good data analysis, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of using Sage accounting and stock management systems
- Use of website content management systems
- Experience working in an online retail environment
- Interest and experience of the sport of netball
About Netball UK
Netball UK is the one-stop shop for everything Netball.
We're the UK's largest independent Netball retailer and that's because we don't just sell products about a sport we've never played or don't care about. We are as passionate about Netball as you. We play, we coach, we support.
Established in 2000 by netballer Debbie Hallas, all of our employees have a Netball background - from Superleague to local league, and are able to give the best advice and recommendations. We know our customers need so we go the extra mile to source products they want.
We have a small but growing team based at Netball UK HQ in Oldham. We are a friendly but hard-working group, supportive of colleagues and determined to be the best.
We know that for Netballers, it's not just a sport. For us at Netball UK, it's not just a business. For us, it's not an add on. Netball is our world.
If you would like more information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Netball UK Managing Director Debbie Hallas on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07970 064 625.
How To Apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 16 February at 5pm. We may close the job advert earlier depending on the quality of applications received, so we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter setting out how you meet the job specification and would deliver the qualities in the job description to:
Debbie Hallas, Managing Director
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: Netball House, Pennant Street, Oldham, OL1 3BS